Posted on March 23, 2022
Joe Biden promised that in picking a nominee to fill the upcoming opening on the Supreme Court, he would not consider any white or Hispanic or Asian people and not consider any men at all. He promised to consider only black women.
Only about 2% of American lawyers fall into that demographic. In overtly discriminating against the other 98%, Biden committed an obvious violation of the Civil Rights Act, but I rather doubt Biden’s Department of Labor will file suit.
True to his promise, Biden found a black woman lawyer to nominate. Her name is Ketanji Brown Jackson.
It was Biden who touted his nominee as “a black woman” even before he chose her, and so I suppose we should honor that designation. Henceforth, she is “Black Woman Brown Jackson.”